Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fashion Week Recap.

Another Fashion Week has come and gone, and much to my shagrin I didn't recieve a personal invite yet again.
The Spring 2008 looks are bold, and it looks like the clinched-at-the-waist belt is here to stay. A lot of bright colours were paired with black, which seems dark for spring, but what the hey, let's do it! Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. was a shining example of this, and still super cute. Her looks were very modern and rock, which is a big change from the Michelle Pfeiffer in 'Scarface' debut of the line.
Calvin Klein presented us with an almost all white collection. Betsey Johnson was fucking ridiculous, I don't know who the hell would wear these atrocities. Half of her looks were like retarded trying-to-be-throwback prom dresses, and all the models wore corsages and had dates walk them down the runway. Michael Kors was bright and classy in classic light spring colours, but his men's look were a lot like him: supergay. Vera Wang was rather lack-luster, but I never really like her work anyways. Lacoste was sleek as always, and while I would wear anything with that little alligator on it, nothing jumped out at me. But I guess the time-tested classiness of Lacoste is what makes it so great. Venexiana did this amazing very vintage sailor/'40s wife themed collection that I LOVED. Be sure to check the pictures below.
I also discovered my new fashion soulmate this week: Tadashi Shoji, the Fashion Week closer. His clothes are soft and feminine but still involved interesting shapes and designs, a few of which seemed a tad throwback, which I love.
I was really sad that no Project Runway names graced the runway at Fashion Week. Wake up Jay McCarroll! I love you dearly, make me clothes now please! Same for you Jeffrey.
Also, MetLife held a charity show where all the designs were inspired by Charlie Brown characters! Some were cute, but some were just ridiculous.

Favourites/Buy these for me:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketMichael Kors



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Venexiana



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tadashi Shoji




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketL.A.M.B.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Badgley Mischka
(they were once guest judges on Project Runway, and I love the print of this skirt.)




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Miss Sixty



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Isaac Mizrahi's Snoopy in Fashion design: a modern take on the classic Charlie Brown look.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A less practical but still cute Snoopy in Fashion look. I like the creativity in this one.




What the Fucks/What not to Wear:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Academy of Art University
(box on the head, wtf?)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Vera Wang


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Betsey Johnson for the awful win.

No comments: